- 300 g beef escalopes, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade dark brown soft sugar
- 2 limes, one juiced and one cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500 g pkt microwaveable egg fried rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 3 large carrots, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 15 g fresh coriander, washed and finely chopped, reserving a few sprigs to garnish
Put the beef in a non-metallic bowl with the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, lime juice and chopped chilli. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes
Cook the rice to pack instructions.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, then add the broccoli, ginger and chilli powder. Stir-fry for 2 mins, adding the carrot ribbons for the final minute. Add the beef with the marinade and the chopped coriander and stir-fry briskly for 1-2 minutes, until the beef is cooked to your liking.
Serve the beef alongside the rice, and garnish with the extra coriander and wedges of lime to squeeze over.
Cook’s tip: to get really thin strips of beef, freeze the steak for 10 minutes to firm it up before slicing.