- 800 ml chicken stock made with 1 chicken stock cube
- 460 g chicken breast fillet portions
- 3 nests of medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 red chilli, washed and finely chopped
- 300 g pack mixed pepper stir fry (or a mixture of beansprouts, finely sliced peppers, cabbage and carrots)
- 200 g mangetout, sliced lengthways
- 100 g bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
Put the stock in a large pan, place over a medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the chicken and poach for 15 mins until cooked through with no pink remaining. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the stock in the pan. Use two forks to shred the chicken and set aside.
Add the noodles to the pan of stock and simmer for 3-4 mins until just tender. Drain, reserving 300ml of the stock.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the ginger, garlic, five spice and chilli and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mixed pepper stir fry, mange tout and spring onions. Stir-fry briskly for a further 3 mins. Add the shredded chicken, noodles, soy sauce and reserved stock. Heat through for 1 minute, then serve.