- 2.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 500 g Jersey Royals, cold and cut into cubes
- 100 g spring onions, sliced
- 410 g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 g young-leaf spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 28 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp capucine capers, drained and finely chopped
- 225 g light halloumi, sliced
Heat ½ tablespoon of the oil in a large pan and fry the chorizo and potatoes for 5-10 minutes. Add the spring onions, chickpeas, spinach and 2 cloves garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the harissa paste with a quarter of the parsley and season with freshly ground black pepper.
In a food processor, whizz together most of the remaining parsley and the remaining garlic clove with the white wine vinegar, capers, the remaining oil and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, fry the sliced halloumi on each side for 3-4 minutes, until crisp and golden. Serve on top of the hash, drizzle over the sauce and top with the remaining parsley to serve.