- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g lean steak mince
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 390g carton of premium chopped tomatoes
- 500ml low-salt beef stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 200g red kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 2 small cubes of dark chocolate
- 500g rice
- 1 spring onion, sliced to garnish
Heat the oil over a high heat and brown the mince in a shallow pan with a lid. Add the onion, pepper and chilli, and cook gently for 5-10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Add the tomatoes, stock and kidney beans. Season with pepper and simmer, covered with a lid, for a further 20 minutes. Add the chocolate, stir together and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Garnish the chilli with the sliced spring onion and serve with the rice.