- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 300 g long grain rice, rinsed
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1.2 litres chicken stock, made with 1 chicken stock cube
- 300 g frozen garden peas
- 90 g tub pitted black olives
- 2 x 190g packs large peeled prawns
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges to serve
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the garlic and turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the rice and mixed herbs, then pour in the chicken stock. Leave to simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, uncovered, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Add the peas and olives, stir well and simmer for 2 minutes. Just before serving, stir through the prawns and lemon juice to heat through.
Serve the paella straight from the pan, with extra lemon wedges for squeezing.