- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 g beef lean steak mince
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 390 g chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15.5 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 50 ml red wine, or beef stock
- 250 g fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 2 courgettes, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 400 g white sauce for lasagne
- 50 g mature cheddar, grated
- 100 g Italian style salad, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the mince and cook for 10 minutes, until brown; add the cinnamon for the final 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, coriander, tomato purée and wine (or beef stock). Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until reduced to a thick, glossy sauce.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6. In a large baking dish, spoon a layer of the mince sauce, topped with a layer of lasagne sheets, followed by a layer of courgette and the white sauce. Repeat, finishing with a layer of courgette ribbons and a thin layer of white sauce. Sprinkle with the grated cheddar and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with the salad.