- 500 g fresh egg spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g unsmoked back bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 168 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 350 g frozen chopped spinach
- 300 ml half fat crème fraîche
- Black pepper to season
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, until just taking on some colour. Add the chopped spinach and cook for 2 more minutes before stirring in the crème fraîche and bringing to a gentle simmer.
Drain the spaghetti and add to the bacon and spinach mixture. Season to taste, stir well and serve immediately.
Cook's tips: to save even more time, you could use bacon lardons.
You can used dried pasta in this recipe, but it will take about 8 minutes longer to cook.