- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 350 g lean beef steak mince
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200 ml beef stock, made using 1 stock cube
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 4cm chunks
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 4cm chunks
- 300 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 30 g dairy spread
- 380 g frozen garden peas
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 5-10 minutes, until soft, adding in the garlic for the last minute. Turn the heat up to medium/high, add the mince and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir through the tomato purée and mixed herbs, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, until thickened.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 180ºC fan, gas 6. Cook the sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrots in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash with the dairy spread.
Spoon the mince mixture into a 1.5 litre-baking dish and top with the mash. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and serve as a side.