- 600 g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225 g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 150 g fresh Italian green pesto
- 14 g pack fresh mint, leaves picked, washed and roughly chopped
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 Cornish sardines, gutted but left whole
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the pesto, herbs, mustard and vinegar.
Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the sardines and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with the potatoes, tomatoes and salsa verde.