- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 180 g raw king prawns
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 10 g fresh mint, leaves washed and finely chopped, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 1 red chilli, washed, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lime
You will also need:
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Wrap foil around pairs of skewers and barbecue for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the foil and barbecue for a further 30 seconds to gently colour. Garnish the mango salsa with the mint leaves and serve with the prawns.
Put the egg in a small bowl, and put the coconut and black pepper on a plate. Dip the prawns into the egg, then roll in the coconut and black pepper mixture to coat. Thread 2-3 prawns onto each skewer.
Preheat the barbecue. Make the salsa: mix the mango with the chopped mint, chilli, lime juice and zest. Set aside.