- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125 g closed cup chestnut mushrooms, left whole
- 200 g shallots, halved
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika, thyme and garlic
- 450 g baby potatoes, halved
- 200 g swede, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100 g Chantenay carrots, halved lengthways
- 390 g carton chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 300 g cooked roast chicken
- 175 g fine beans, trimmed
- 112.5 g spicy smoky chorizo ring, sliced
- Washed and chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
Heat the oil in large casserole dish. Add the mushrooms and shallots, lower the heat a little and fry, stirring occasionally, until they begin to colour (about 5 minutes).
Sprinkle with the smoked paprika, thyme & garlic, and stir-fry briefly. Add the potatoes, swede, carrots and chopped tomatoes then add the stock. Stir well and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons water to create a paste. Stir into 350ml water, then add to the pan with the chicken, fine beans and chorizo. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the beans are cooked but still retain some bite.
Season with black pepper, top with the chopped parsley and serve straight from the casserole dish.