- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 120g hoisin and garlic stir-fry sauce
- Zest of 1 lime, plus 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g extra-lean beef stir fry, or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, washed and sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 300g ready-cooked rice noodles
Put the honey, soy sauce, hoisin and garlic sauce, lime zest and juice into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
Heat half the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and transfer to the bowl with the sauce. Discard any juices left in the pan and wipe it clean with kitchen towel.
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, then add half the spring onion and the chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the cashew nuts and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Tip the beef and sauce into the pan with the pepper mixture and heat gently for 1 minute. Serve with the rice noodles and garnish with the remaining spring onion.