- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 120 g pouch hoisin and garlic stir-fry sauce, or other stir-fry sauce
- Zest of 1 lime, plus 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 g extra-lean beef stir fry, or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- A bunch of spring onions, washed and sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced (optional)
- 50 g unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 300 g ready-cooked rice noodles
Put the honey, soy sauce, hoisin and garlic sauce, lime zest and juice into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
Heat half the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and transfer to the bowl with the sauce. Discard any juices left in the pan and wipe it clean with kitchen towel.
Heat the remaining oil, then add half the spring onion and the chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the cashew nuts and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, pierce the pack of noodles with a fork, then place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes on full power.
Tip the beef and sauce into the pan with the pepper mixture and heat gently for 1 minute.
Serve with the rice noodles and garnish with the remaining spring onion.