- 500 g carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 500 g parsnips, peeled and cut into batons
- 0.5 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 600 g chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 410 g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g long grain rice
Preheat the oven to 190ºC, fan 170ºC, gas 5.
Place the carrots, parsnips, onion and chicken in a medium roasting tin. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the mixed herbs and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked and the chicken pieces are golden brown and piping hot, and the juices run clear. Turn once or twice during cooking.
Add the chickpeas to the tin and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions. Drain and serve with the vegetables and chicken.