- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks (prepared weight about 500g)
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 390 g carton chopped tomatoes
- 300 g cooked roast chicken, cut into bite-size piece
- 400 ml chicken stock made with 1 stock cube
- 260 g fresh young spinach
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Greek-style natural yogurt
- 250 g basmati rice
- 2 flamebaked plain naans, warmed and halved, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion. Cook very gently for about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute.
Add the spices and cook for 1 minute, then add the butternut squash and red peppers. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken and stock; simmer for 25-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Add the spinach to wilt, then sprinkle in the garam masala. Stir in the yogurt and cook for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice to pack instructions and serve together with the curry and the naan.