- 1 small lettuce
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 2 peppers, preferably red or orange
- 6 wraps (1 per toddler and 2 per adult)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 360 g skinless and boneless free-range chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp runny honey* (not suitable for babies under 1 year)
- Tomato sauce or ready-made salsa, to serve
If you prefer warmed wraps, preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
Ask the kids to wash the lettuce and tomatoes and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Then, while you cut the tomatoes into small pieces, your little one can tear the lettuce leaves into pieces. Pop them into bowls to go on the table.
Cut the peppers in half and pull off the stalks. Slice thinly and put in a bowl to go on the table.
If you’re serving warm wraps, remove them from the packet, cover in foil, then warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until soft – at least 5 minutes. Push the onions to one side in the wok or pan, add the chicken and fry until golden – about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and honey and continue to cook for a couple of minutes until the chicken and onions are sticky and the chicken is cooked through. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl.
To serve, arrange everything on the table and just let everyone help themselves – don’t forget the napkins!
Cook's tip: toddlers will find it easier to manage their fajita if you secure the filling – fold the wrap over and around the sides.