- 1 knob knob of unsalted butter
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thigh, fillet cut into pieces
- 2 small leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 2 sprig sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 300 ml chicken stock, hot
- 100 g sugar snaps or fresh peas
- 100 g asparagus tips, halved
- 3 tbsp single cream
- 1 heaped tbsp of fresh chopped tarragon or parsley (optional)
Heat the butter and a drizzle of olive oil in a deep, lidded frying pan or heavy-based pan over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 1-2 mins. Add the leeks and thyme, stir for a further 1 min, then add the plain flour, stirring into the pan juices.
Gradually add the hot stock, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 2 mins. Throw in the vegetables and cook for a further 2 mins before adding the cream and herbs, if using. Serve with mini jacket potatoes or quick-cook rice.