- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 free-range chicken breast fillets, diced
- 250 g Spanish paella rice
- 0.5 tsp ground paprika
- 750 ml very low-salt chicken stock (eg Kallo)
- 100 g green beans, trimmed and cut into lengths
- 100 g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 75 g light soft cheese
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until it is white all over. Add the paella rice and paprika and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
Pour in the chicken stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes then add the green beans, peas and spring onions. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time until the rice and veg are tender. Stir in the soft cheese until combined.
For toddlers, leave to cool a little then serve as it is in bowls. They may like a small salad on the side, too.
Cook's tip: mash coarsely for older babies or purée with a little boiled water for those new to weaning.