- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 free-range chicken breast fillets, diced
- 250 g Spanish paella rice
- 0.5 tsp ground paprika
- 1 very low-salt chicken stock cube (eg Kallo)
- 100 g green beans, trimmed and cut into lengths
- 100 g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 75 g light soft cheese
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until it is white all over. Add the paella rice and paprika and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
Make up 750ml chicken stock using the stock cube and pour into the pan. Stir well and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes then add the green beans, peas and spring onions. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time until the rice and veg are tender. Stir in the soft cheese until combined.
For toddlers, leave to cool a little then serve as it is in bowls. They may like a small salad on the side, too.
Cook's tip: mash coarsely for older babies or purée with a little boiled water for those new to weaning.