- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp spicy jerk paste
- 425 g diced chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 packet mixed peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 390 g carton of Italian chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200 ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 112.5 g spicy Spanish chorizo, sliced into rounds
- 500 g pkt basmati microwave rice
- 1 courgette, sliced into rounds
- 28 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the jerk paste, chicken pieces and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, mixed herbs, tomato purée and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Microwave the rice according to pack instructions. Add the chorizo, rice, courgette and half the parsley to the pan. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked with no pink remaining. Top with the remaining parsley and serve.