- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped fresh root ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g basmati rice
- 40g raisins
- 400g peeled and deseeded butternut squash
- 500ml chicken stock, made with ½ stock cube
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon stick. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring every now and then, until the onion is softened. Add the chicken pieces, turn up the heat, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Stir the rice into the mixture along with the raisins and butternut squash. Pour in the stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the rice is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid.
Remove from the heat and fluff up the rice with a fork, then gently stir in the coriander, mango chutney and flaked almonds.