- 250 g conchiglie pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 464 g pack Butcher's choice reduced-fat British pork sausages
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 courgettes, trimmed, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500 g carton Italian passata
- 100 ml less-fat crème fraîche
- 30 g flat-leaf parsley, leaves washed, picked and roughly chopped
- 40 g mature British cheddar, grated
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausages and onion and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Add the courgettes and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the onions and courgettes are golden and the sausages are cooked through. Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside to cool a little.
Stir in the chilli, passata and crème fraîche. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes until heated through.
Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Cut each sausage into three pieces on the diagonal, then add to the pan along with the cooked pasta and parsley. Toss until combined, then tip into a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and put under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbling.