- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 0.5 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into 1-2cm cubes
- 2 peppers, 1 red and 1 yellow, deseeded and sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 300 g trottole pasta
- 130 g young spinach
- 350 g Italian cheese sauce
- 40 g mature British cheddar, grated
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the oil, onions, butternut squash, peppers, leeks and thyme into a large roasting dish (you might need two dishes) and season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine, then roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the veg is tender and golden.
Meanwhile, put the pasta in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking water, then put the pasta back into the pan. Stir through the spinach until wilted, then mix in the cheese sauce, reserved cooking water and the roasted vegetables.
Transfer to a large baking dish and top with the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the top is golden.