- 7 portabella mushrooms, rinsed clean
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 80 g Swiss Emmental cheese, finely grated
- 8 tarragon leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 6 - 7 slices Irish brown soda bread
- 100 g watercress, spinach and rocket
Preheat a grill to high. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray. Dot each mushroom with a little butter and the crushed garlic and then drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and grill for 5 mins.
Mix the cheese and herbs together and divide between the mushrooms and grill for another 4-5 mins until the cheese has melted.
Toast the bread and serve the mushrooms on top of the toast with the watercress, spinach and rocket.
Cook's tip: for baby, purée just a little mushroom and mix with puréed potato, baby rice or baby couscous.