- 200g young spinach
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 15g fresh chives (or flat-leaf parsley), snipped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 10 slices medium white bread, cut into triangles
- 100g breaded ham, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 75g reduced-fat mozzarella, drained and torn
- 100g bag Italian-style salad
Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave on high for 1 minute until wilted. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, most of the chives or parsley, half the paprika and some freshly ground black pepper.
Line a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish with a layer of the bread triangles, overlapping them slightly. Top with half the ham, spinach and tomatoes, then pour over half the egg mixture. Repeat with the remaining ham, spinach, tomatoes and egg mixture.
Top with the mozzarella and sprinkle over the remaining paprika and chives or parsley. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden, then serve with the salad.
These recipes are based on an adult's reference intakes. For more information on children's nutritional requirements, click here