Photograph: Dan Jones
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 500g), in florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g root ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp madras curry paste
- 600 ml hot vegetable stock
- 50 g cashews, toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- mango chutney, to serve
- 200 g young leaf spinach, washed
Rinse the rice in a sieve a few times and drain. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 2 minutes only; drain.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan with a lid, then fry the onion, covered, over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry paste; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the rice and stir. Add the cauliflower and pour over the hot stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the rice and cauliflower are tender. Add half the spinach, remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Stir in with a fork.
Season, add the remaining spinach, cashews and coriander and serve with mango chutney.