Via: Dan Jones
- 250g basmati rice
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g root ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp madras curry paste
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g young leaf spinach, washed
- 50g cashews, toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp mango chutney, to serve
Rinse the rice in a sieve a few times and drain. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and drain.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan with a lid, then fry the onion, covered, over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry paste and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the rice and stir. Add the cauliflower and pour over the hot stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the rice and cauliflower are tender. Add half the spinach and remove from the heat. Cover and set aside for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Stir in with a fork.
Season, add the remaining spinach, cashews and coriander and serve with mango chutney.