- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp spicy jerk paste
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 200 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 390 g chopped tomatoes
- 300 g leftover roast pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 100 g young leaf spinach
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 500 g microwave long grain rice
- 420 g tin red kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add the onions and cook for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the jerk paste, peppers and carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk, tomatoes and roast pork. Bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and half the parsley.
Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Stir in the kidney beans and the remaining parsley and serve with the stew.