- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 175 g Italian passata sauce
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 690 g pork chops
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and finely diced
- 1 chilli, washed, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250 g tomatoes, washed and finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 250 g basmati rice
- 410 g tin of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed in cold water
- Lime wedges, to serve
Mix the jerk seasoning, passata and barbecue sauce in a non-metallic bowl. Add the pork chops and coat well in the marinade. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the salsa: mix the mango, chilli, tomatoes and coriander in a bowl. Set aside.
Preheat the grill to high. Remove the pork from the marinade ensuring it is fully coated (brush with extra marinade if you like) and grill for 5 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through with no pink remaining.
Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, adding the red kidney beans for the final 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and serve with the pork chops and mango salsa, and a wedge of lime to squeeze over.
Cook's tip: if you’re not keen on too much heat, leave out the chilli in the salsa.