- 85g kale
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 200g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 200g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 20g walnut pieces, toasted and chopped
Place the kale, the finely chopped garlic clove, lemon juice, 2 tbsp of the oil and 1 tbsp of water in a blender and whizz to a paste. Add some freshly ground black pepper and transfer to a bowl.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and the white and red cabbage and stir-fry over a high heat for 6-7 mins until the cabbage is just tender.
Serve on two warmed plates, topped with the kale pesto and walnut pieces.