- 320 g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 260 g bag young leaf spinach
- 70 g Greek feta, roughly crumbled
- 10 g fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 250 g pack cannelloni tubes
- 40 g British plain flour
- 475 ml British semi-skimmed milk
- 500 g jar onion and garlic pasta sauce
- 20 g mature British Cheddar, grated
- 170 g bag Italian-style peppery baby leaf salad
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Put the butternut squash in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with cling film and cook on medium for 5-6 minutes until soft. Next, pierce the pack of spinach and microwave for 2 minutes. Squeeze out any excess water and mix with the squash.
Stir the feta and sage into the butternut and spinach, season with freshly ground black pepper then spoon the mixture into 16 cannelloni tubes. Set aside on a plate.
In a cup, mix the flour with 4 tablespoons of the milk. Heat the remaining milk in a pan until simmering. Remove from the heat and whisk in the flour mixture until smooth. Return to the heat and stir until thickened.
Pour the pasta sauce into a 2-litre baking dish and lay the cannelloni on top. Pour over the white sauce, sprinkle with the Cheddar and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top. Serve with the salad.
This recipe provides 3 of your 5 A Day.