- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 400 g butternut squash flesh, cut into cubes
- 250 g baby chantenay carrots, halved lengthways
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 125 g couscous
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp natural Greek-style yoghurt
Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and stir in the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and spices and stir through the honey.
Add the squash, carrots and chickpeas and stir everything together.
Tip in the tomatoes and stock, cover with a lid and simmer over a medium heat for about 35-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous to the packet instructions.
When the squash and carrots are soft, squash about half of them into the sauce using the back of a wooden spoon to create a thick sauce. Add the spinach and stir in slowly until wilted. Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and the couscous.