- 1 tbsp vegetable oil by Sainsbury's
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 300 g cooked roast pork, shredded
- 1 tbsp British plain flour by Sainsbury's
- 400 ml chicken stock, made from stock cube
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard by Sainsbury's
- 75 g bag SO organic watercress, chopped, for serving
- 800 g pack ready mashed potato by Sainsbury's
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the apples and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes until golden.
Stir in the pork and sprinkle over the flour. Stir gently to combine before pouring in the chicken stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 15 minutes. Give it a good stir, cover with a lid and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in the chopped watercress just before serving.
Meanwhile, cook the mashed potato to pack instructions. Serve the pork and apple with the mash and remaining watercress.