- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g pancetta, cubed
- 1 leek, washed and finely sliced
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 460 g chicken thigh fillet
- 50 g British plain flour, seasoned
- 150 g baby button mushrooms
- 150 g mini new potatoes, halved
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml double cream
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 10 g fresh tarragon, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry for 5 minutes until golden. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
Meanwhile, toss the chicken thighs in the seasoned flour and shake off any excess. Add to the pan and brown for 2-3 minutes, then stir through the mushrooms and potatoes. Pour over the wine and cook for 1 minute on a high heat to reduce, then add the stock, double cream and bay leaves. Season to taste.
Turn down the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the tarragon to serve.
* Wash your hands after handling raw meat.
Chef's tip: this will make a fantastic filling for a hearty chicken pie.