- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g beef braising steak, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- About 700g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 30 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 very low-salt beef stock cube
- 2 x 410g tins kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 150 g dried apricots, cut into strips
Heat the olive oil in a casserole over a high heat. Coat the strips of beef in the flour and fry with the onions for about 5 mins until they begin to brown.
Add the butternut squash cubes and grated ginger and continue to fry for 5 mins.
Make 500ml beef stock using the stock cube. Add the stock, kidney beans and apricots and simmer for 20 mins until the meat and squash are tender.
Serve half the amount.
Allow the remaining portion to cool completely before freezing in suitable containers or freezer bags. To eat, remove from the freezer, defrost thoroughly in the fridge and reheat until piping hot.
Cook's tip: if cooking for babies or toddlers, use a low-salt stock such as Kallo.