- 454 g pack pork sausages
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube (optional)
- 400 g tin peeled plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 420 g tin red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 500 g frozen whole green beans, defrosted slightly
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs (optional)
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 knob of butter (optional)
- 25 ml semi-skimmed milk (optional)
Gently heat a large, deep-sided frying pan and add the sausages. Fry for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until everything is lightly browned.
Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml boiling water then add to the pan of sausages along with the tomatoes, kidney beans and dried herbs. Cook for 15 minutes, then add the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain then mash with the butter and milk (if using).
Serve the hotpot with the creamy mashed potato.
Make it veggie: Simply replace the pork sausages with 8 Quorn sausages and cook as per the recipe.