- 400g frozen mashed potato
- 150g Sainsbury’s be good to yourself smoked bacon medallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g frozen chopped onion
- 300g frozen mixed peppers
- 3 tbsp frozen chopped parsley
- 350g frozen broccoli florets, steamed
Cook the mash according to the pack instructions, but using just 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside. Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan, add the bacon and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add half the oil to the pan, then add the onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add the peppers. Cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until all of the liquid has cooked off. Return the bacon to the pan, add the mashed potato and the parsley.
Season with black pepper and gently stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, slide onto a plate and add the remaining oil to the pan. Carefully invert the potato cake back into the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then serve with steamed broccoli.