- 1 tbsp SO organic rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium aubergines, washed and chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp garam masala by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp turmeric by Sainsbury's
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp cumin seeds by Sainsbury's
- 2 cubes frozen crushed ginger by Sainsbury's
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian tomato purée by Sainsbury's
- 800 g tins Taste the Difference Pomodorini cherry tomatoes in rich tomato sauce
- 410 g tin chickpeas in water by Sainsbury's, drained and rinsed
- 200 ml Italian passata by Sainsbury's
- 200 g basmati rice by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp runny honey by Sainsbury's
- 1 green chilli, washed and finely chopped
- 15.5 g fresh coriander by Sainsbury's, washed and chopped
- 14 g fresh mint by Sainsbury's, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
Heat the rapeseed oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and aubergine and cook for 10 minutes. Add in all the spices, ginger and garlic for the last 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomato purée, tomatoes, chickpeas and passata, then simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add a little water if the curry is looking too thick.
Meanwhile, put the basmati rice in a pan with 400ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add the honey and chilli to the curry and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir through most of coriander and mint just before serving. Divide the rice and curry between bowls and garnish with the reserved herbs and a swirl of oil to serve.