- 375 g lighter ready rolled puff pastry
- 50 g roasted red pepper pesto
- 400 g tin artichoke hearts in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, ½ thinly sliced and ½ cut into small dice
- 1 courgette, trimmed and halved lengthways, ½ sliced into ribbons and ½ cut into small dice
- 80 g feta, crumbled
- A large handful of fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 0.5 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 80 g wild rocket
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Unroll the pastry and cut into 4 even rectangles, then, keeping the pastry paper on the bottom, transfer to a baking tray. Use a knife to score a 1cm border around each, then spread the red pepper pesto over the middle of each.
Scatter the artichokes, the sliced pepper and courgette ribbons over the pesto, then top with the crumbled feta and half of the basil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, make a salad: put the diced pepper and courgette into a bowl with the chopped tomatoes, red onion, remaining basil and garlic and mix together.
Toss through the rocket and serve alongside the warm tarts.