- 454 g reduced fat pork sausages
- 2 stick celery, cut into chunks
- 4 carrots peeled halved lengthways cut into small chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 500 ml reduced-salt beef stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 410 g tin green lentils in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the sausages in an ovenproof baking dish. Add the oil and turn the sausages to coat. Bake for 10 minutes before adding all the vegetables and garlic, and stirring together with some black pepper. Return to the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
Mix the hot stock with the mustard and pour over the sausages and vegetables along with the lentils, then stir everything together. Cover carefully with foil and cook for a further 20-25 minutes, taking the foil off for the final 10 minutes.