- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 courgette, cut into inch thick semi circles
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 medium eggs
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20 g grated parmesan
- 5 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 60 g smoked mackerel, skin removed and broken into small pieces
- 2 x 170 g bags Italian-style salad, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6. Line a small baking tin (30cm x 20cm) with baking paper, making sure it overlaps on the sides. Add the vegetables to the tin, season and toss with the rosemary, thyme and olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Add the garlic and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove the herb stalks, and turn the oven down to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4.
Whisk the eggs together with the milk, parmesan, parsley and some seasoning. Scatter the smoked mackerel over the vegetables and then pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown on top.
Leave to cool slightly then cut into squares and serve with the salad leaves.