- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g shallots, halved
- 200 ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200 ml Original Somerset cider
- 100 g dried apricots, halved
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 300 g leftover roast pork, shredded
- 3 tsp harissa
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 g couscous, to serve
- 14 g bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes until golden. Pour in the stock and cider and bring to the boil. Add the apricots and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, pork, harissa and chickpeas and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl and pour over boiling water until just covered. Cover the bowl and leave for a few minutes until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork and serve with the pork. Scatter with the parsley to serve.