- 600 g Charlotte potatoes by Sainsbury's, scrubbed and boiled until tender
- 3 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1.5 tsp caster sugar
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 400 g tin Taste the Difference Pomodorini cherry tomatoes in rich tomato sauce
- 2 roasted red peppers, deseeded from a jar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp capers
- 600 g skinless & boneless cod fillets by Sainsbury's
- fresh basil leaf, washed, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
Tip the potatoes on to a baking tray and gently crush. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, half a teaspoon of caster sugar and a small pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the mixed herbs and garlic, until softened. Add the wine and cook until most of it has been absorbed. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Tip into a food processor, add the roasted peppers and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan and add the lemon juice, remaining sugar and capers. Warm through.
Season the cod and fry in 1 tablespoon of oil for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with the crushed potatoes and sauce, garnished with the basil.