Photograph: Dan Jones
- 150 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 25 g soft butter, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped stem ginger
- 1.5 tbsp whisky
- 150 ml double cream
- 25 g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa, sifted, for coating
Put the chopped chocolate, butter, ginger and whisky in a bowl.
In a pan, heat the cream and sugar together until just boiling; remove from the heat.
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate mixture. Set aside for 2 minutes to melt, then stir until glossy. Leave to cool slightly, then chill for 2 hours until firm.
Take teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Then roll in the cocoa and transfer to baking sheets lined with baking paper. Chill again to firm up. Once solid, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week.