- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 120 g Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 2 Conference pears, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 60 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 tsp Fairtrade ground cinnamon, for dusting
Mix together 40g of the butter and 60g of the brown sugar then divide between 4 x 200-250ml ramekins. Top with the pears.
Using a hand-held electric whisk, beat together the remaining butter and sugar in a bowl, until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the egg and mix to combine. Sift in the flour and mix until you have a smooth pudding batter.
Spoon the batter into the ramekins and cook – 2 at a time – in the microwave on a 600W or 700W setting. They should take about 2½ minutes for the puddings to have risen and be cooked through. Set aside to cool for 1 minute.
Dust the puddings with the icing sugar and cinnamon and serve immediately.