- 4 cm-thick slices Italian classic panettone by Sainsbury's
- 300 g Taste the Difference matured mincemeat
- 100 ml British double cream by Sainsbury's
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp Fairtrade caster sugar by Sainsbury's
- 3 large British free-range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury's
- ½ tbsp Fairtrade demerara sugar by Sainsbury's
- 30 g glacé cherries by Sainsbury's, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Spread the panettone slices with mincemeat and cut each in half so you have 8 half-moon shapes.
In a bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, caster sugar and eggs to make the custard.
Arrange the panettone slices in a 1-litre ovenproof dish and pour over the custard. Press down the panettone slices so that they are covered by the custard.
Sprinkle with the demerara sugar and scatter with chopped glacé cherries.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard has set and the top is golden.