- British plain flour, for dusting
- 375 g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 300 g mincemeat
- 75 g cook's white chocolate chips
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 25 g cut mixed peel, finely chopped
- 1 medium British free-range egg, yolk only, beaten
- 10 g Fairtrade demerara unrefined cane sugar
- Icing sugar, for dusting
You will also need:
- 10 cm diameter snowflake pastry cutter
- 6 cm diameter (tip to tip) star pastry cutter
- 12-hole fairy-cake tin
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Lightly dust the work surface with flour and lay the pastry flat, then roll it out to about the thickness of a 20p piece. Use the snowflake pastry cutter to stamp out 12 shapes. Push gently into the moulds of a fairy-cake tin, then place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
With the remaining pastry, which you may need to re-roll, cut out 12 stars with the other cutter.
In a bowl, mix together the mincemeat, white chocolate chips, cranberries and mixed peel. Spoon the mincemeat into the pastry cases, then top with a pastry star.
Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, sprinkle with the demerara sugar and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool a little, then serve lightly dusted with the icing sugar.