- 200 g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 1 ball of stem ginger, finely chopped, plus 2 tbsp syrup from the jar
- 90 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
Divide the berries between 4 ramekins. Scatter over the ginger and syrup.
Whisk together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Gradually whisk in the flour and eggs alternately, adding the milk to loosen the mixture.
Spoon the batter over the berries and place the ramekins on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes.