- 100 g fresh British strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 125 g fresh British raspberries, washed
- 125 g fresh British blueberries, washed
- 220 g tin peach slices in fruit juice, drained
- 3 tbsp cherry brandy
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 145 g angel cake, sliced into thick fingers
- 30 g soft amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- 250 g fresh British custard
- 300 ml fresh British double cream
- flaked almonds, to decorate
In a bowl, mix together the strawberries, 100g of the raspberries, 100g of the blueberries, the drained peach slices, cherry brandy and the icing sugar. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, line the base and sides of a 1.5 litre glass dish with the angel cake slices. Pour the fruit mixture over the top of the cake, then sprinkle over the amaretti biscuits. Pour the custard over the top.
Whisk the cream until medium peaks form. Dollop round spoonfuls over the top of the trifle, scatter over the flaked almonds and decorate with the remaining raspberries and blueberries. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour and dust with a little icing sugar just before serving.