- 0.5 tsp sunflower oil, for greasing
- 200 g full fat soft cheese
- 397 g tin sweetened condensed milk
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 4 tbsp)
- 150 g double cream
- 14 g fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped, reserving a few whole ones for decoration
- 200 g strawberries, hulled and finely chopped, reserving a few whole ones for decoration
- 100 g digestives, crushed
- 40 g unsalted English butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce
Grease a 1.2 litre loaf tin with the oil, then line with cling film.
Put the soft cheese in a bowl and beat with a hand-held whisk until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk, lemon juice and double cream. Stir through the chopped mint.
Pour half the cream cheese mixture into the tin. Smooth the top, then add the chopped strawberries in an even layer.Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
Mix the crushed digestives with the melted butter and spoon over the top of the filling, pressing down lightly. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
Carefully turn out the set cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce and decorate with the reserved strawberries (sliced into fans if you like) and mint leaves.
Cook's tips: if you like a firmer set dessert, dissolve ½ teaspoon powdered gelatine in the lemon juice before adding to the mixture at step 2. For best results chill overnight to allow the mixture to set well. Use a knife dipped in hot water to slice the dessert cleanly.