- 100 g sponge fingers, broken in half
- 50 ml Pimm’s (or equivalent)
- 300 g raspberry jelly
- 75 ml fresh British whipping cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 14 g fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 200 g strawberries, all but 2 hulled and sliced
- 250 g fresh custard
Put the sponge fingers in the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Drizzle over the Pimm's (or equivalent), then spoon over the jelly.
In a bowl, whisk the cream with the icing sugar, lemon zest and most of the chopped mint leaves. Set aside.
Place a layer of slice strawberries over the top of the jelly, then spoon over the custard. Finish with a spoonful of the flavoured cream, then decorate each with half an unhulled strawberry and the reserved mint leaves.