- 200 g pudding rice by Sainsbury's
- 75 g Fairtrade light brown soft sugar by Sainsbury's
- 750 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split in half with seeds scraped out
- 150 g blackberries, washed
- 150 g raspberries, washed
Put the rice, 50g sugar, 500ml milk and the vanilla seeds in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
Once the milk has almost been absorbed into the rice, add the remaining milk and cook gently, continuing to stir until the rice is tender.
Stir in the berries and transfer to a 1-litre ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining sugar and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has melted and formed a light crust.
Allow to cool slightly and serve.