- 50 g Scottish porridge oats
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, diced
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 500 g hedgerow berries, a mixture of blackberries, blackcurrants etc (or use 500g frozen black forest fruits, defrosted)
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
For the crumble topping, mix the oats, caster sugar, butter, flour and vanilla extract together, rubbing the butter between your fingertips until the mixture has a crumbly texture – or you can use a food processor.
In a bowl, mix the rhubarb and berries together with the lime and cinnamon. Divide into 4 large ramekins (250ml) and sprinkle with the crumble topping.
Bake in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve with custard or double cream.